just got a dc1200 any tips or tricks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the double strobes. Try shooting in manual. To control exposure, adjust strobe power as #1, and shutter speed as #2. There are only 2 f-stops, so you probably won't need to change that much.

When shooting, do a half-press on shutter release first, then wait for the frame to go green before doing full press.

That's about all I got. I didn't really like the SeaLife, so I've moved on to a Canon S100. The Canon is better, but in hindsight, the SeaLife wasn't too bad for the price. Didn't like the video light though. Also didn't like the housing for the DC1000 (shutter release button kept jamming), but I had no problems with the 1200.

You probably do not need as much flash on a shot than you think you do. I found that the high strobe settings washed out a bunch of photos, once the setting was turned down to about half, the great underwater images and videos came to life

Back
Top Bottom