Just found out I'm likely to Singapore in September!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KristenK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's for work...a full week. I've never been and am thrilled!! (Client pays business class too, definitely a perk.) And there is NO WAY I'm traveling half way around the world, especially to this area, and not diving. :yeahbaby:

Any advice? I'll be on my own. Female, about 50 dives under my belt, only OW and Nitrox certs. (Just returned from 10 days in Roatan, so feeling fairly comfortable and confident.) Definitely need a DM. I'm happy to get on a plane and go to a nearby place, too. Don't want to spend too much money, as my hubby and kids will be quite jealous they don't get to go.

Consider using Singapore as a hub and taking a low-cost flight between there and Bali or maybe Borneo?

Advice? Yea, take me along!

I did a 3 day excursion to Phuket using AirAsia. Try Sea Bees diving.

It's for work...a full week. I've never been and am thrilled!! (Client pays business class too, definitely a perk.) And there is NO WAY I'm traveling half way around the world, especially to this area, and not diving. :yeahbaby:

Any advice? I'll be on my own. Female, about 50 dives under my belt, only OW and Nitrox certs. (Just returned from 10 days in Roatan, so feeling fairly comfortable and confident.) Definitely need a DM. I'm happy to get on a plane and go to a nearby place, too. Don't want to spend too much money, as my hubby and kids will be quite jealous they don't get to go.
Tioman(Malalysia) is very close by but Bali is better. However, your other members of the family will be extremely jealous that Mum has gone to Bali without them! Beware of the down current in Crystal Bay for the Mola Mola. 50 logged dives is nothing. If you like macro then you can't beat Lembeh in Manado.
LoB in Thailand is NOT an option because Similan is still closed.

Singapore is a wonderful City-State. You're going to love it. The cleanest place I have ever been.

I didn't dive while I visited there (wasn't certified). Wherever you choose, make sure your dive cert will be accepted. I remember someplace in that part of the world would only accept rescue diver and above for an acceptable cert.

My suggestion - take a three day weekend and fly to Bali and go to Padangbai. Contact Geko Diving and they will take care of you. They are safe and really know the local dive sites from Padangbai to Nusa Penida to Tulamben.

Where are you staying in Singapore? Let me know if you are interested in restaurant suggestions. Have fun flying business class, in particular on Singapore Airlines.

As implied by me and others, divers think of Singapore more as an airport to transit through on our way to the places known for diving, which Singapore and I suppose much of that part of the peninsula is not. I have passed through Singapore several times on my way elsewhere to dive--in fact, I go out of my way to route flights through Singapore. It's a great place to spend some time, especially if you like Chinese, Indian, Malay, etc. cuisine, especially seafood. The famous chili crabs and much more. I hope your work leaves you some free time to explore. Take @charlier up on his offer of restaurant suggestions. And don't miss the Botanical Gardens.

My suggestion - take a three day weekend and fly to Bali and go to Padangbai. Contact Geko Diving and they will take care of you. They are safe and really know the local dive sites from Padangbai to Nusa Penida to Tulamben.

Where are you staying in Singapore? Let me know if you are interested in restaurant suggestions. Have fun flying business class, in particular on Singapore Airlines.

Don't know yet...somewhere very nice, knowing this client. Trying to not get too excited yet in case it doesn't happen. I'll definitely be there 2019. Singapore Air is on my bucket list. I will let you know on the restaurants....I've heard about the chili crabs and gotta get some!

Thank you everyone.

If you are offered "century eggs" or "1,000 year old eggs", use lots of sauce on them. :vomit:

Back
Top Bottom