Just did first ice dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbk1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just sharing with ya'll that i got under the ice for the first time. DRI ran the class here in Ohio and had a great time.

that is all.
dive.jpg

Well at least you were covered as much as possible. Still looks cold. If I were diving under the ice in the ocean, I might go for it (after getting the proper training of course). But diving in fresh water? Nope, not for me. The public safety diver may have to do it, but I will be more than content (an warm) to hear your stories.

Well at least you were covered as much as possible. Still looks cold. If I were diving under the ice in the ocean, I might go for it (after getting the proper training of course). But diving in fresh water? Nope, not for me. The public safety diver may have to do it, but I will be more than content (an warm) to hear your stories.

It was fresh water. I don't mind the PSD in lakes and ponds where you dont see much, kind of like blind searches in a fire but with a lot less risk.

It was not cold. 2 wool socks, long johns, fleece pant and jacket and a fleece jump suit under. (i am quite the freeze baby). it was only 4 degrees out that morning. I felt warmer when in the drink.

Back
Top Bottom