Just checked my email Atomic BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got an email advertising this BC from DRIS. BC1 Buoyancy Compensator - Dive Right in Scuba
I have read rumors of a $1400 BC from Atomic but I guess I did not think they were real. Has any shop sold one of these yet? Who in their right mind would buy that thing? It looks like any other poodle jacket but with more than twice the price. :confused:

Reactions: mdb
It's the TOUGHEST and the BEST BC available!

In the picture it includes an Atomic SS1 and inflator hose. Those two are probably MSRP of $400 or more.

I just got an email advertising this BC from DRIS. BC1 Buoyancy Compensator - Dive Right in Scuba
I have read rumors of a $1400 BC from Atomic but I guess I did not think they were real. Has any shop sold one of these yet? Who in their right mind would buy that thing? It looks like any other poodle jacket but with more than twice the price. :confused:

Atomic has been running "The best" campaign for years.

Some people buy into it all.

Brilliant marketing.

What I can't figure out is why they didn't go with the Ripcord weight system instead of the complicated setup they chose to use. Atomic and Zeagle are owned by the same parent company so patents should not be an issue. The Ripcord weight system is probably the perfect integrated weight system, no expensive proprietary pockets to purchase, no accidental releases and it is stupid simple to operate.

I saw this at DEMA and didn't look at it closely, because I chuckled to myself that Atomic had jumped into the poodle jacket market. Yesterday a promo for this over engineered, Battlestar Galactica monstrosity of a Cinderella Ball gown showed up on Facebook. I immediately went to the Atomic website and then to the usual online dealers and researched it. $1400. It has the lift capacity to float a boat, but it must take an Iron anchor to sink it. On a positive note, I think that its bulletproof, so you can wear it to protect yourself during a revolution or an air strike! If anyone out there is thinking about buying this, please call me too! I have some oceanfront property in Nevada for sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom