Just bought my first old regs - need some info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I mean, older then my normal stuff which are conshelf XIVs. Saw an ad for a guy moving and in one of the pics was a double hose regulator (always wanted one) so I called and asked, he gave me a country music sad song of how his woman has left him, he has to sell his cat and will now never open the scuba themed bar he wanted to so he was selling this stuff and moving back up north. He said I could have the double hose for $10 but I had to buy all 4 regulators...so $40. This is what I came away with but I am not sure of its value.

2 Aqualung Jet-Air (one looks like it was never used but dirty from age, the other is in OK shape visually)
1 IBIZA Nemrod - never heard of it
1 Healthways Scuba Air - Heard of the brand but know nothing

Been putting together a shadow box of old 2nd stages so I figure worse case I can but the 2 single hoses in there. Thinking that I can fix one of the doubles and use it. What do you guys think?

Good score.

The Nemrod second is probably an upstream reg, so use an over pressure valve or a downstream second if you decide to fire it up. It would have an actuating rod from the nonrepairable rocker valve up to the diaphragm.

Healthways Scuba went bankrupt and their ScubaPro line was bought out and continues today.

Bob

Pics would be nice. You did great by the way. Let me know if you want to part with one of the Jet Airs. You'll make out very well compared to what you have into them. You can get hoses and other modern and some OEM parts for the US Divers at Vintage double hose .com
I have a few Healthways but the parts aren't as readily available as they are for US Divers. Parts for them can be found at the Scubamuseum.
The reproduction Healthways Diap
There is also a small fan base at vintagescuba.proboards.com for that line. A lot of questions have already been asked at those forums so its a good idea to search through the threads then join and ask questions to get the answers that may not be easy to find.
Enjoy those Double hose regs. Its very fun but there is a learning curve. Diving them is different than single hose regs.

Enjoy and congrats!

Diver Don

Here's some pics...First the Healthway FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg The rubber all looks good to my surprise.

And the Nemrod....Sorry about the quality-clearly I don't do photosFullSizeRender_1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

The more used of the 2 Jet AirsFullSizeRender(1).jpg

And the better of the 2, The screws look clean (no rust) the decal is almost entirely there but has a small wrinkleFullSizeRender_1.jpg... FullSizeRender.jpg

The Nemrod and Healthways are not worth much, restorable but no real value. On the other hand, you can pretty much triple your investment by selling one of the Jetairs. They are popular, easy to sell and all the parts you need (reproductions) to restore it to working condition are easy come by. It is basically a Mistral in a plastic case, nice breathing regs if set up properly and used with the proper tank (pressure).

Awesome, so the Jet Air is worth about 120 un-restored? Might be a good way to keep the wife from complaining about me buying junk. While I am here, what's a conshelf VI worth-assuming I can find one. Not thinking about diving it but would like to add it to the collection.

It's been a while since I watched them on ebay and as always it can be fickle but pretty much any DH goes for $100+ most of the time. The Jetaires are somewhat rare (more so than DA's or Mistrals) so they command a better price. If you don't have a working DH, it is well worth getting one back in operation, while simple, the old single stages do a remarkably good job and are easy to restore. Conshelfs are all over the place depending on model and condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom