Just back from St. Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STLSCUBA

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I were staying at the Divi and dove with Cane Bay (July 16-23). We had a great time and thought the boats were perfect for quick trips out to the wall. The visibility was good and we saw 3 turtles on one dive alone. On another beach dive we saw an octopus move from one side of a rock to the other. I was also impressed with the snorkeling at Cane bay other than the urchins (wear shoes!).
We made a trip to Buck Island and I was dissapointed in the coral.... it was basically all dead. There are lots of fish there if that is what you want to see.
The Divi is nice and we had a car to get around. Cane Bay is a haul from the Divi but just make a day out of it and do a couple dives and stop in town on the way home.
shoot me an email if you have any specific questions
Stlscuba@gmail.com
Scott

Is there a dive operator at Divi? there's a chance we may go there and I'd be interested in hearing from you. What depths did you dive and how was the coral and sea life?

I have always enjoyed St. Croix.

Cane Bay has the Dive shop there at the Divi. They don't dive there but can schedule dives for the site on the North shore of St. Croix (the wall).
I tend to be a little on the critical side so take my comments with that in mind. I thought the dive op was very good and I liked the small boats if you are going a short distance. It is also possible to do shore diving there as the wall is not far out and the snorkeling is good near shore. We saw three turtles on one dive so that gives you an idea of the sea life (good). The coral was OK. Plan to see lots of montipora type and beautiful sponges. Visibility was OK but I'm used to Cayman and Cozumel as my reference point.
I think they consider Northstar a deep dive for an average OWD like me and we were at 85' at the deepest. We also did a shore dive that never broke 40' (saw an octopus!).
Shoot me an email (addy above) if you have more questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom