Just a bunch of brainstorming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victorzamora

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm an engineering student. That means two things are always on my mind: 1) "I'd bet I could make one of those" and 2)"If only I had the money"

Those combine to: "I wish I had money to make one of those"

I've "designed" a Can light a buddy built (works great). I've "designed" a sidemount rig (not uncommon) but haven't built it yet. I'm also looking at designing a travel BP/W that's nice and cheap. I was thinking of using a material like Kydex heated up and vacum formed onto a commercially-available BP to get cheap backplates punched out. However, Kydex is expensive. I'm looking for an alternative. Any ideas? Any cheap Kydex sources? How about thickness...any ideas?

I've got a source for really cheap webbing. As far as the wing goes, I'm still playing around, but the custom SM harness guys are making their own and I've considered making my own for a BP/W. Something like the Hollis S38 or Oxycheq can't be TOO hard to make. Cambands would almost have to be commercially produced.

I'm looking for a cheap source for metal tri-slides, D-rings, SS bolt snaps, double-enders, etc. Is there a single place for great deals on those?

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom