Jupiter Dive Boat Captain Mike Memorial Info:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
If you have been diving in Jupiter, Florida and on the boat the Republic 4 with Jupiter Dive Center, you've known Captain Mike. Mike Hoffman passed away last week from illness and was a dive captain for almost 3 decades. His memorial will be at 3pm (gathering 1pm to 3pm prior) this Sunday January 27th, details in the link. He captained at least 5000 dive trips for over 100,000 divers drops. If you want to meet up with fellow divers, DM's and friends you haven't seen in a long while, this parking lot will be jammed packed with dive buddies to share smiles with and a lot of hugs. Please copy and share or post a photo below of your boat trip with him.

The address is 250 Center St. Jupiter Fl, 33458 Sunday January 27th

Memorial Link:
Michael Kenneth Hoffman "Captain Mike" - View Obituary & Service Information

Capt_Mike.jpg

Thank you for the notification. Sad day for the dive community.

Thanks for posting @Johnoly

I dived with Capt Mike many times over the last 9 years and have many good memories. I am sad to know there will be no more.

Craig

Thank you for posting about this. He captained some of my dives with JDC back in 2014. He had a likable personality and is one of very few non-live-aboard boat captains I remember by name years later.

Richard.

Thank you for providing this timely though depressing information @Johnoly

As an occasional patron of JDC for many years, I spent a fair amount of time chewing the fat with Capt. Mike in his lofty perch as he navigated the Jupiter Inlet, whiled away some time during surface intervals, and scanned the horizon for drifting SMBs. He provided me and my companions with several perfect drops, and of even greater import, timely recoveries. I’m grateful to have known him, and saddened to know that I’ll not get to enjoy his company again.

He was a good one. No one can powerslide a dive boat up to you or into the slip like Capt Mike! Dude was a ninja at the helm.

Back
Top Bottom