JUP Rpt Feb 26-Meeting Other Members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
If you ever read another SB member's post that says they are visiting your town and going diving......JOIN THEM !! Couple of weeks ago SB's @Snoweman posted and asked about diving with sharks in Jupiter. Several SB divers posted answers to help him. I had today off so I jump on his ScubaWork's DivOcean boat to meet up and dive. Mother Nature was too kind to Snoweman and laid down flat seas, bright warm sun shine, 73 degree bottom temps, easy gliding 1.5 knot north current and 100ft Crystal Blue visibility.

IMG_5344a.JPG
IMG_5348a.JPG

They came to see sharks and you just know Jupiter was going wild and did not disappoint. Dive 1 was on Scarface and half dozen lemons and bull sharks circled us as if staring at a McDonald's menu deciding which number happy meal to charge on their debit card.

IMG_5373a.JPG

On the interval with fins stories flying, I served up some piping hot blue berry pancake & Jimmy Dean's sausage on a stick for a breakfast snack. Gotta feed the Crew & Guests if you want the best dive sites.

20210226_094753.jpg

On the 2nd dive we Dove the famous "Tunnels'. Didn't even get to the bottom and reef sharks were all over us. Epic viz on this dive too. One biggie reefie had a 10ft mono hook complete with a full skirt lure. Snoweman and I were only 15 foot apart and this reefie cruised right in between us at eye level. That's when you love Jupiter diving.

IMG_5391a.JPG

It was a fun dive day with great conditions after weeks of being blown out. I had a ton of laughs with Snoweman and his buddy Sean. If you see someone post they are diving in your area, Jump on the dive with them!!

20210226_094948.jpg

I will be down in Jupiter/ Fort Lauderdale
March 14th-18th.

How cool, looks like a great time and I will be down in West Palm mid March diving with Walkers and Force-E if anyone is interested.

I too have had the pleasure of meeting divers from ScubaBoard for a Ohio quarry dive, and we had a good time. Glad you all met up and thanks for sharing.

Great write up and great pics! Bummed I missed this one! Friday sounded like an epic day on the water. I think I saw that same reefie on tunnels several weeks ago - the one with the lure hanging out it's mouth. I thought about trying cut the lure off but couldn't get close enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom