June 20th Dive Against Debris (Pohang)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralreefer_1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greeting fellow divers in South Korea. Seems kind of slow up in here so I thought to bump this forum with some activity before Scubaboard decides to delete it for inactivity.

Good work was done on June 20th. Two gentlemen from France joined me in Pohang at my PADI AWARE Adopted Dive Site for a Dive Against Debris Survey! This work at this site is now in it's 6th year!

I am happy to report that in 2021 and despite the ongoing battle of the pandemic, I have had more support and help in removing debris in the last 2 months than in the previous 5 years!

Full survey results here (link to full video from my POV gopro cam also included) - ADS126 - Chilpo Beach Northern Rocky outcrop | PADI AWARE

Note: I told the guys that day that I am thinking to organize a dive trip to Ulleung-do. For those that don't know, that is the somewhat more established ( with restaurants, hotels, and DIVING) islet between the mainland and Dokdo. Otherwise I would like to take/invite others to join me for the "Stella" shipwreck in Gangwondo that I dove and posted about last year. If you are interested in either, or otherwise interested just to dive in new places and new towns and new experiences send a DM!

Cheers and safe diving!
20210620_150244.jpg

Thank you so much for keeping the board active! My wife and I recently had a baby, one of the other guys started a Master's degree, and a third guy moved back to the USA, so there has been very little for us to report on our side of things. I'd love to get back into the water, but it may be a while. Until then, I hope you and others continue to make use of this wonderful forum, even if posts are sporadic!

I hope I can dive ROK one day.
Last time I was in this lovely country was a skiing holiday at Dragon Valley nearly 3 decades ago.
The dry cold in Seoul was unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom