July Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd stick with one location. Diving is taking a toll on a body. Sometimes you just want a quick bed or a quick meal.

Hello everybody,

@CajunDiva How correct you were sir. I loved it. Had a awesome time as I'm sure you did as well.

Thanks for all the advice guys rainbow reef was a real pleasure to deal with and had a great time. The weather was great all except for Monday. Made it all the way French with the sea at 4s and 5s. Sitting on the reef and everybody decided to cancel the dive. Afternoon was canceled as well.

Tuesday was my first day of diving in the beautiful Key Largo water, with a total of 3 dives. The first morning dive started with a bit of a hiccup when I encountered some unexpected anxiety on decent. I ended up sitting out this dive. The second dive however went without a hitch. Once decended and hovering over the reef any anxiety or aprehension I may of had disappeared and I felt free and calm flying through the water.

I also went on my first night for a total of 5 dives on Thursday. It was fantastic and couldn't last long enough. My favorite part was seeing all the turtles and coming face to face with a Goliath on the bow of the Benwood. I was ready to strap on another tank and go back down.

It would take take too long to give a full report on each dive but overall is was a great trip. I tried to focus on improving my trim and buoyancy. I feel the sooner i master these skills the better a diver I will become.

I'm glad I followed everybody's advice and stayed with rainbow reef. I feel like traveling between destinations would have been an annoyance. I will be leaving Saturday to join a Turks and Caicos liveaboard where I will be taking my AOW. I'm looking forward to itand will give a report when I get back if requested.

Cheers,
Eric

So glad to hear you had a great time @Eric Bussinger! It's always good to hear positive affirmation after recommending a product or service, although I didn't have the slightest doubt that you would love diving with Rainbow Reef Dive Center.

I love hearing the experiences of new divers and some of the things they go through. Thanks for sharing your "momentary anxiety" instance. I personally believe you did exactly the right thing by sitting out the dive and trying again. Anxiety is my middle name, and I went through a really hard time achieving my dive certification. (We live in Louisiana, where there is no decent visibility) Upon making my first open water dive in Roatan, every bit of anxiety disappeared when I was confronted with the wonders we were able to observe beneath the surface.

17 years ago, we discovered Key Largo and Rainbow Reef Dive Center. We achieved our advanced certifications under their tutelage and have returned time after time each year. We consider Key Largo and Rainbow Reef our dive "home". I hope you will enjoy fond memories of Key Largo as we do. Enjoy your liveaboard experience, and don't stop there! You will be amazed at the incredible life you'll discover as you continue to pursue your new passion for scuba diving. Since you'll be getting your advanced certification, I highly recommend nitrox as well...

By the way, it's "ma'am", not "sir" :giggle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom