July Seattle Seagrass Dives!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ojgraham

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I'm looking for dive buddies to assist with 5 seagrass dives around Seattle! I'm a grad student conducting eelgrass health surveys, and ideally would like to have 1 buddy/dive.

My tentative schedule is:
Sun, July 9: Carkeek Park
Mon, July 10: Mukilteo Beach
Tues, July 11: South Whidbey
Thurs, July 12: Bainbridge Island
Fri, July 13: Vashon Island

Each dive will be about 1 hr and in -10-15 ft. These should be mellow dives in calm, protected areas, and will be a good opportunity to see brooding anemones, jellyfish, rockfish, gunnels, and other seagrass critters.

I can provide tanks and snacks, if you can bring your own dive gear (BCD, computer, regulator, weights, gloves, hood, mask, fins, snorkel).

These will be shore dives, so we can also coordinate carpooling, since some of them will require ferries.

Happy to also discuss dive plans in more detail beforehand, if desired, over phone/email. Come learn about these important marine habitats in your backyard!

If you're interested, please let me know!

Thank you!!

IMG_0383.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom