July 2021 Trip egypt help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fahad Alabhoul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone!
I'm planning a trip this July hopefully and wanted to ask of ways to reach hurghada or marsa alam, any tips ?
also when im in liveaboard.com the 'required extra fees' vary drastically between boats even though the route is the same (BDE).
does anyone have good websites besides liveaboard.com or deals?
any specific boats i should avoid diving with?
this is my first ever liveaboard and im a wee bit nervous (also going alone so if anyone needs a buddy hit me up).
Many thanks !

Just got back, and am posting a report. I flew EgyptAir to Luxor, crossed over land to Marsa Alam, and the land to Hurghada and flew back to Cairo. Be flexible on flights, our trip back got moved later with a stop in Sharm. You don't want to be in situation where you miss your boat or flight home if that happens. I don't think there are any flights to/from Marsa Alam yet, although that may change by July. Travel by land from Cairo to Marsa Alam is possible, although probably not economical.

I haven't seen a way to book except with Liveaboard.com.

Just got back, and am posting a report. I flew EgyptAir to Luxor, crossed over land to Marsa Alam, and the land to Hurghada and flew back to Cairo. Be flexible on flights, our trip back got moved later with a stop in Sharm. You don't want to be in situation where you miss your boat or flight home if that happens. I don't think there are any flights to/from Marsa Alam yet, although that may change by July. Travel by land from Cairo to Marsa Alam is possible, although probably not economical.

I haven't seen a way to book except with Liveaboard.com.
will read your report !
i figured as much with flights and gave myself some flexibility.
if **** hits the fan with my cai-hrg trip i have plenty of time to take the road. even though i really wish not to resort to this at all.
thank you !

also when im in liveaboard.com the 'required extra fees' vary drastically between boats even though the route is the same (BDE).

As far as I can tell, the marine park fees are the same - they're charged by the government - but some boats advertise a low up-front price and then tack-on all the surcharges (marine park fees, port fees, sometimes fuel surcharge, nitrox, etc) as extras in the manner of low-cost airlines, while other boats roll everything into a single number, and yet others are somewhere in between. Always read the fine print.

For example, I'm looking at September 11th departures, and Sea Serpent Contessa is advertised at $1654, but that's for everything including nitrox and airport transfers. On the other hand, Red Sea Aggressor III on the same route is just $999, but you also have to pay a $105 national park fee, $45 harbor fee, $100 for nitrox, and $60 for airport transfer each way, so it's still a good value, but the difference is not as great as it seems at first glance.

Back
Top Bottom