Juliet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khatley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking of doing the Juliet from Turks in March...anyone have any experience on the Turks dive. Found some entries ( all positive ) for BVI and Bahamas but nothing on the Turks. Looks like they just starting departing from there this last year. Let me know what you guys think.

I had some friends that got back recently from the Juliet in the Turks. Their experiences were the same as mine in BVI - wonderful. Some crew was different, but they said they enjoyed everything. The food was good and the diving was very good.

thanks, we are trying to do it but there is no air into Miami the week I need as it is Spring Break. I think if we do this we will have to fly from Dallas to NY to Provo...sucks.

kittyjg:
Some crew was different, but they said they enjoyed everything. The food was good and the diving was very good.

The former owner of my LDS and his wife, who are both PADI instructors, purchased the Juliet in November. They are now working on the boat under the former owner. They are Tim and Chelyn Shaw. Around mid year, they will take over the boat and run the show. Tim and Chelyn are great people. They just raved about Juliet, and I'm sure they will keep up the reputation as being one of the finest, most fun liveaboards around. I have never been on a trip with them, but did do most of my training with them. The Juliet website hasn't been updated with all of this information (at least not the last time I checked), but they are the new crew til mid year.

khatley:
thanks, we are trying to do it but there is no air into Miami the week I need as it is Spring Break. I think if we do this we will have to fly from Dallas to NY to Provo...sucks.

Khatley - did you check Spirit Air out of Ft. Lauderdale? They just began flying to T&C.

This is the original and current owner of Juliet Sailing and Diving. I was made aware of this comment by a customer. I have NOT sold Juliet. Tim and Chelyn Shaw are working aboard Juliet as employees. We plan to prepare Tim to start running as captain for some of our charters by this summer, but they have no ownership interest in Juliet. You are correct that they are great people, and I am very excited to have them onboard. I'm sure that this was an honest mistake, but please stop spreading this inaccurate information.

THANK YOU, Capt. John. I could not believe you had sold her. I loved being on the Juliet last year and look forward to this next New Years trip.
My friends did say Chely cooked fabulously. I had Rusty on my trip. The marine biologist was missing from their trip, as well.
Look forward to seeing you again after Christmas.

My apologies to Capt. John. I obviously had some inaccurate information and should have not publicized it.

Back
Top Bottom