Juliet Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The Juliet used to be a really popular liveaboard on here but have heard anything about it for a long time. We are looking at booking a trip on her and wondered if it is as good as it used to be.

Don't know about used to be...but we were on her last January in St. Croix and had a blast. Fun boat, great crew. Hope to join them again sometime. :)

I don't know how it is now, but it used to be great (my Bahamas trip was approx 2004). I haven't heard anything bad about the boat over the years so based on repeated favorable trip reports over the following years I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Spent a week in the Bahamas on the Juliet in April 2017. Nice variety of sites, cheerful and competent crew, excellent food, comfortable cabins. The en-suite toilet and shower in our forward cabin were a bit cramped but it’s a sailboat, not the QE2. Rental gear was in fine condition. We were accompanied on drift dives but at sites where the boat was moored it was up to us to navigate properly. Hot towels after a night dive, very welcome touch. I would go again if I were sure my aging knees could cope with all the ladder-climbing.

+1 for the Juliet. I went with the Juliet to BVI in 2015, St. Croix in 2016, missed 2017, but am going to Mona Island with them in Dec. 2018. Great boat, great crew and captain, and all-around great operation. It's not as luxurious as some live-aboards, but it's not camping at sea like Blackbeards.

Thanks for all the replies. I have been on Blackbeards, so this will be a step up.

Big +1 for the Juliet! Have sailed with them March 2017 in St Croix and Sept 2018 in Bahamas. Already on the books to return to Bahamas Oct of 2019. Wonderful crew, great food, "off the grid" dive sites. In a week of diving in the Bahamas last fall, only dove 1 site with other divers in area. All other areas were all our own including some sites were there was no land in site! Would highly recommend!

Happy Sails and safe diving!

Matt

I was on the Juliet for the 2016 winter repositioning and had a lovely time. The Facebook group for Juliet enthusiasts is pretty active, so I think that people are continuing to have good experiences.

I did my 3rd trip on the Juliet last month - a week spent around Mona Island. Most of the other divers were repeaters, too. That should say enough...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom