Jules--Please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Nobody appears to pay any attention here from Scubapro anymore but perhaps you will clarify some items.

1--Would you PLEASE post what are the correct, most current firmware/software numbers for the Smart series, the Sol/Luna series AND the G2 series.

2--Would you also please post clear instructions WHERE the updates can be found and exactly how to upgrade each set of equipment.

I have 2 of the new G2 computers and every time I plug one in to download it tells me that there is a firmware upgrade but I cannot find the upgrade file anywhere. Would you PLEASE help.

Nobody appears to pay any attention here from Scubapro anymore but perhaps you will clarify some items.
Including:

JulesSCUBAPRO was last seen:
Aug 25, 2016

I know--pretty much abandoned any contact. Typical Scubapro ever since Johnson Wax purchased them. I think they lurk but don't help. Trying to contact them directly is pretty much the same. Their customer service rarely answers any correspondence.

Thanks Hatul. I had been looking in product support, not the product's primary sales page.

It's too bad Scubapro does not respond here; bad business decision. They lose a lot of business to more responsive companies such as Sherwater.

Regarding the firmware update,there are two steps. First you connect your G2 as a "Disk" and transfer the firmware file to the correct folder , then you go into the menu of the G2 and select the new file.

I think they use this two step process to protect the computer from a bad firmware update as some have had their old Galileo trashed when the firmware update went bad.

It's too bad Scubapro does not respond here; bad business decision

It appears that most big name companies on SB have abandoned SB, they are still doing very well. One should ask what made them leave before asking any other question :)

SP expects all contact to go through the Dealer Network. Their Customer is the LDS, you are the customer to the LDS...

sad.....

1--Would you PLEASE post what are the correct, most current firmware/software numbers for the Smart series, the Sol/Luna series AND the G2 series.

2--Would you also please post clear instructions WHERE the updates can be found and exactly how to upgrade each set of equipment.

I have 2 of the new G2 computers and every time I plug one in to download it tells me that there is a firmware upgrade but I cannot find the upgrade file anywhere. Would you PLEASE help.

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to try to help any way.

Here is the link to all the firmware you need

https://www.scubapro.com/manuals

I know it says manuals, but the firmware is there also.

Download the ZIP file and extract the contents to your harddrive, remember where you saved the extracted files.
Once you are able to download and unzip the correct firmware, inside the ZIP is a perfect set of directions, with images, showing you how to update the firmware.

Im sorry that you feel Scubapro has dropped the ball. I just call tech services and ask them on the phone for answers instead of emailing or waiting for a response online.

Hope this helps someone.

Dive on!

SP expects all contact to go through the Dealer Network. Their Customer is the LDS, you are the customer to the LDS...

sad.....

Man have I found THAT to be the case. Trying to get that case back O-ring for my M2 has proven to be impossible. SP won't sell 'parts" to an end user, Authorized Dealers don't/won't carry some parts, and SP won't tell them to either get them for the end customer when requested or they'll ship one to me. All the Authorized Dealer was willing to entertain is doing the middleman shipping of the M2 back to SP so they could change the battery. That's a sad state of affairs in 2020.

But I get why they aren't here, their corporate policy toward customer sales (as it relates to parts) is very strict, while their corporate policy toward their Authorized Dealers (to ensure the aforementioned policy works) is, well, terribly weak.

EDIT: That being said, Jules and Dan have been a joy to work with on the phone, they aren't to blame for SP's policies. I think they're the good guys at SP, but the people in the front office are making decisions that aren't customer-focused. And my next dive computer probably won't be a SP because of how this has unfolded. It should not be difficult, actually "impossible", to get a friggin O-ring...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom