Judge grants definitive suspension against construction of Cozumel pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccannon707

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There's hope..... It's not over by a long shot BUT.... The judge included "irreparable damage to the adjacent environment of the ecosystem" in her decision.

Not over but put off for a while at least, which is good enough for me, for a while.

Is the legal system that corrupt here?

The state of Quintana Roo ranks at or near the bottom amongst state rankings

Is the legal system that corrupt here?

:cool::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Ill give you an example....My wife's father has been homeless for 2 1/2 years now. His son changed the door lock on the fathers house and claimed it. Kicked the 82 year old father out. The house is in the fathers name. This has gone to the municipal court here in Cozumel. The local judge sided with the son and gave ownership to him because he did some renovations on the house????. No home ownership documents were asked by the judge to prove ownership. The father now is taking it to the state level judiciary to avoid the local corruption on the island. In other words, if you grease the right palms here, you can have/ do whatever you want.

:cool::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Ill give you an example....My wife's father has been homeless for 2 1/2 years now. His son changed the door lock on the fathers house and claimed it. Kicked the 82 year old father out. The house is in the fathers name. This has gone to the municipal court here in Cozumel. The local judge sided with the son and gave ownership to him because he did some renovations on the house????. No home ownership documents were asked by the judge to prove ownership. The father now is taking it to the state level judiciary to avoid the local corruption on the island. In other words, if you grease the right palms here, you can have/ do whatever you want.
Appreciate the illustration. I know that it can get worse, but that's still pretty low.
A bit surprised that the son hasn't suffered a tragic accident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom