Jonline placement on OMS harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you thought about putting it in a thigh pocket and not having it dangle off the harness? It seems that the pouch it is in is just added baggage.
But what do I know...I am probably a stroke.

the bag that its in is connected to the jonline. so all you have to dao is take it out and clip it on to something and your connected and its hands free

Hi there Captain Caveman -

Having used one I'd say it needs some modifications: the diverite jonline is permanently attached to its bag, and this bag is designed to be threaded permanently to your harness: permanently attaching you and your harness to what ever you clip on to with the only release (a suicide clip) on the far end of a 2 m strap. Some would call this hand free convince. I'd call it a problem waiting to happen: for what ever reason you cant reach, or open, that far clip, then you are stuck there.

Think about cutting the jon line from the bag and sow a hand loop on so you can release from your end, keeping the bag for stowage where ever you see fit (left waist strap). Otherwise keep the line attached but mount the bag on your right waist strap so you can jettison it by undoing your waist belt. On rare occasions that I need one I carry it in a thigh pocket.

Cheers,
Rohan.

thanks i was thinking about cutting it but iwasnt sure if i should. i though about cutting it and putting a brass grommet and making a loop to hold on to ar even leve it on the bag and still put the handle on with the gromet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom