Join us for a Photo Excursion Diving the Revillagigedos Archipelago (Socorro Islands)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Join us for a Photo Excursion
Diving the Revillagigedos Archipelago (Socorro Islands)
Aboard the Solmar V

March 19–27, 2010
9 days/8 nights + one optional night in Cabo prior to departure

FOR A SPECIAL PRICE OF
$3195 superior cabin (only one left), $3095 standard cabin
not including 10% Mexican tax, $15 chamber fee
A deposit of 33% per person will secure your space on this trip.

Have you ever been face-to-face with a giant Pacific manta ray? Would you like to twirl with a dolphin? Have you ever heard the song of a whale?
cabopearce_w.png

Any one of these is a life-changing experience. To be able to find all three and more in one dive trip is even more amazing! That's why Socorro is often called the "Mexican Galapagos". March is the time of year when humpback whales migrate through this area. We'll see whale tails and breaches all day long and will hear their song underwater. If we get really lucky, we may even have an underwater encounter!

boarding_w.png

Join us for a magical trip aboard the 112' luxury live-aboard Solmar V. This vessel has been visiting the Socorro Islands for over 17 years and has more experience there than any other live-aboard. She's a gorgeous vessel with warm mahogany decor accented with etched glass and brass. There are 12 staterooms on board that can accommodate up to 22 divers. The cabins on this boat are small, but there's plenty of storage area. Each cabin has its own ensuite head and shower.
About the Photo Workshops - Because the dive, eat, sleep schedule on live-aboards is already really intense, we'll keep the presentations to a minimum. I will offer one presentation about how to photograph mantas on the way out and will be available to assist through the entire trip. I'll also be doing Photoshop mini-sessions with those who are interested in learning the best way to process blue water images. There is a nice wide screen TV in the lounge of the Solmar V that I can hook my laptop to, so this makes it possible for several people to join in on these sessions.

boiler_w.png

I have many other presentations available about topics such as photo composition, digital workflow, image size & resolution, file formats and my new one about shooting modes and when to use which mode. One of the most common questions I hear is about how to set your camera. Let me know what you need and we'll tailor the schedule for you.

rocapartida_w.png

Camera Recommendations - Bring a still or video camera with a wide-angle or fisheye lens. The mantas are big and they do get very close IF you don't chase them. At least one external strobe with an extra long arm is recommended. Two would be even better. There are some macro opportunities, but you know that as soon as you put that macro lens on, the big animals will show up. If you need help getting your camera set up for this trip, please contact me ahead of time. Of course you may just want to come to enjoy the experience also and leave your camera at home. That's OK too!

Price includes:

• Airport and boat transfers in Cabo
  • 9 nights aboard the Solmar V
  • All diving
  • All meals while on board
  • Photography assistance and instruction
Does not include:

• Air fare
  • Chamber fee - $15 cash
  • NITROX - $150 for the trip
  • Crew gratuity - generally about 10% of the price of the cruise. More if you like...these guys are good!
  • Taxes
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • One night at the Quinta del Sol prior to departure
  • Extra nights in Cabo
  • Camera rentals
  • Bail bonds

For more information or to sign up contact Bonnie
or call the Solmar V office at
(866) 591-4906 or (310) 455-3600

MENTION THIS WEBSITE AND GET NITROX FOR 1/2 PRICE!

Please remember that this area is very remote. Mother Nature has the final say about where we go and what we see. Visibility, water temperatures, currents, surface conditions can change quickly and as the organizers of this trip we have no control over this. These animals are wild and are in their own habitat. Big animal encounters are totally random and are at the choice of the animal.

DSC_3492.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom