Joe Porter, Founder of Wreck Diving Magazine, dies from COVID-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This hits hard. Joe was a good friend and an ally to ScubaBoard and me. We talked every chance we got and those deep discussions about the ills of our industry along with the joys of diving were often joined by his wife, Heidi Tyus Porter. I remember telling Joe about one of my favorite dive sites here, Troy Springs, with a 150+ Confederate War wreck of the Madison. He whips out a picture with him learning to sidemount there on the wreck.

joe.png

What a shame. I met Joe at wreck week in Dominican Republic many years ago. Really nice guy and passionate about wreck diving and produced a great magazine. He will be truly missed. My condolences to his family

Too soon, much too soon, my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

I enjoyed corresponding with Joe having written several articles in his awesome publication. We truly lost one of the greats. I hope that this is not the end of Wreck Diving Magazine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom