Job interview

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That chair would only last about five minutes before one of the screws worked itself out and the chair would collapse under the weight of the interviewee!

When I interviewed with the company I have worked for, now 35+ years; I had to take a manual dexterity test. It involved a board with bolts of differsnt sizes and therefore heads and nuts of differing sizes. The tester stated that the purpose was to reverse the order of all of the hardware using the assortment of tools available, including: crescent wrench, boxed end wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc.

The timer was started and I turned the entire assembly around and told them I was finished. For some reason, they did not see the humor in this, but I got the job any way. I do wonder sometime if that was the right choice.

This joke hits close to home. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom