Jewel Moray - San Carlos, MX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Buzo Loco

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Shot this Jewel Moray at San Antonio Point on Saturday (on my first day as an UW photog). I bought one of those Olympus 5050 cameras w/housing last week and decided to try it out. I was pleased with the results. I got several shots that will be worth printing and framing...

The shot of the moray was not manipulated in any way in Photoshop (other than to resize it down from 1MB). I'm planning on taking a class to learn how to do color balance and such with Photoshop later this month.

Norm at Surface Time in San Carlos www.surfacetime.com is going to post some of the other shots I took on 08-30-03 and 08-31-03 later this week on the shop's website photo album.

I really enjoy the Olympus! Now I need to read the manual to figure out what all those buttons are!

By the way, the diving in San Carlos was wonderful! Thanks to Pepe from Surface Time in getting us to some great sites and to Norm for showing me how to load the camera into the housing.

I'll be heading to the Don Jose M/V for a week around La Paz in October. If I shoot any cool stuff I'll post them.

Critiques of the shot? I'm open to advice/suggestions/criticism...

Great shot, ElBuzo!

Nice shot. My first 5050 dive was last weekend too. Way to go seems to be get the fattest memory cards you can and shoot RAW. Do the adjustment in Photoshop - you'll need a RAW plugin too. With internal flash only, don't bother going for shots more than a couple of feet away. Leave it in macro, it'll focus on longer distances if you insist (even in macro). If you can remember to set white balance as you go, that's fine, but Photoshop seems to provide a wide range of adjustment so I didn't bother. Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom