Jetstream/Apeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blomqvist

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m going to buy myself a regulator. I have two sets I’m interested in, the first one is a Poseidon Jetstream with a jetstream octopus and the other is at Apeks ATX50/DST with ATX40 octopus.
I need some advice in this matter, Pro/cons. The Jetstream is $50 cheaper then Apeks.

//Martin

You have to excuse me if I write in poor English. Please feel free to correct me buy sending me a private message.

blomqvist:
Hi,

I’m going to buy myself a regulator. I have two sets I’m interested in, the first one is a Poseidon Jetstream with a jetstream octopus and the other is at Apeks ATX50/DST with ATX40 octopus.
I need some advice in this matter, Pro/cons. The Jetstream is $50 cheaper then Apeks.

Both are great. Theres no major difference in reliability. Ask local users which one has better/cheaper service near you. I got Jetstream for my double rig and no problem so far. Last service was about 800sek (2x2nd stage and 2x1th stage)...

blomqvist:
Hi,

//Martin

You have to excuse me if I write in poor English. Please feel free to correct me buy sending me a private message.

why dont you consider the poseidon extreme? great reg the best imho.

Spoon:
why dont you consider the poseidon extreme? great reg the best imho.

I’m trying to stay under 5000SEK ($628) for a whole package (1:e stage, 2:nd stage, octo, pressure gauge and depth gauge)
The extreme without octopus cost $125 more than the jetstream with octopus so I find it too expensive for my budget.

//Martin

I own both. I use my Poseidon for my doubles setup and deep stuff. It works great when ice diving as well. I use my Apeks for teaching and warm water diving. The biggest difference is going to be servicing them. The Poseidon's are to complex for me to do myself, so I have to have them done. But the Apeks are easy enough that I can do it myself.

blomqvist:
I’m trying to stay under 5000SEK ($628) for a whole package (1:e stage, 2:nd stage, octo, pressure gauge and depth gauge)
The extreme without octopus cost $125 more than the jetstream with octopus so I find it too expensive for my budget.

//Martin

in that case i would choose the jetstream. honestly the jetstream is exactly the same as the extreme. they both feel the same except that the extreme has smaller mouthpiece.

Spoon:
in that case i would choose the jetstream. honestly the jetstream is exactly the same as the extreme. they both feel the same except that the extreme has smaller mouthpiece.

I haven't taken a look inside the two regs, but the first stage on the Xstream is larger than on the Odin/Jetstream. I believe there was a design change in the first stage on the Xstream to incorporate some sort of mechanism using a ball bearing type piston. But again, I haven't looked inside them to be certain.

I have dove both, and there was a noticale difference in the Xstream compared to the Odin/Jetstream.

ppo2_diver:
I haven't taken a look inside the two regs, but the first stage on the Xstream is larger than on the Odin/Jetstream. I believe there was a design change in the first stage on the Xstream to incorporate some sort of mechanism using a ball bearing type piston. But again, I haven't looked inside them to be certain.

I have dove both, and there was a noticale difference in the Xstream compared to the Odin/Jetstream.

me and my buds do all our diving in tropical water. i have friends who have both the extreme and jetstream and they all swear that they dive the same. as for the internals, i am totally oblivious and wouldnt be able to tell them apart:)

my fav is the extreme and i got my girlfriend the apeks last month. either or, i get the ebst of both worlds from poseidon/apeks:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom