Jet Fins and Sz. 12 Foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSchoular

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of mine is looking to purchase jet fins with spring straps. He has a sz. 12 foot, however he failed to tell me if he would be diving wet or dry with them.

Does anyone fit these parameters and can tell me what size of fin and spring straps he should get (for wet or dry)?

His feet are so big he does not need fins :D. I would assume the XXL, best is to fit a pair.

xl for wet provided he doesn't have really wide feet and real thick booties. With a normal width foot and 5mm booties an xl will be fine. In a drysuit he'll most likely need a xxl with rockboots, but may be able to squeeze into an XL with integrated. The new size XXL's may work, and the OMS slipstream XXL's are his best bet if he's open to non jet fins. Hollis F1 XXL's are good too

Thats what i was leaning towards, i know im a sz. 10 and i wear an XL with 10" springs with wetsuit boots. According to SP, L is 9-10 and XL is 11-12...im guessing he would go up a "suggested size" aswell then...

I wear size 12. With my drysuit, I sport size 13 chuck taylor high-tops.

Size XL OMS Slipstreams w/XS spring straps for both my chucks and wet diving in 3mm & 7mm boots. However, with DUI Rockboots, I needXXL fins - those boots are much bigger.

HTH,

Hi all, just to update
I'm getting in a set of XL's and i've found someone with a set of the new XXL's i can borrow. Ill have him try both on to see which ones fit and then just go from there.
Thanks for all the input!!! :)

i have Aqualung dry suit with sz.11 boots, my jet fin XXL did not fit at all, i tried turtles fin and it's larger than scubapros jetfins, but in the end i got the hollis F1 2x-large fin.

Another vote for XL Jets for your friend... I wear 10.5 or 11 shoes and boots, and my XL Jets are just a little loose if anything with the turbosole type boots on my drysuit. They fit a little better with my wetsuit boots. I still have not put the spring straps on them, but I am thinking the 10" straps will probably do the job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom