Jet fin size with altera boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am a shoe size 10.5 Wide so Mike is setting me up with size 11 altera boots with my new fusion but since I dont have a local dive shop to try things out I dont know what size Jet fins will work well for me. I am talking Scubapro Jets not twin jets or turtles. Any guidance on this is much appreciated. Thanks

You will need at least a XL. Bring your boots along to the shop and try it out if you can. Sizing for Jets aren't always easy.

I went with turtles for my Altera boots...

I tried xl Slipstreams and they did not fit...

Phil

w/ a sz11 boot the XL is sometime bit tight ... and the jump to XXL is massive, so the Turtles might be a better alternative

oh and my boot is a size 12 by the way...

Phil

I have used the Evo boots in size 12 and they are not even close to fitting in my XL jets, and the XXL jets fit in and feel good when diving, but seem to be more difficult to get off at the end of the dive . It looks to me like the Evo and Altera are pretty much the same from the standpoint of fitting in fins. I don't think there is anyway you will stuff a size 11 Altera into an XL. If you get to the Twin Cities at all, you can try mine on, I have both sizes. PM me if so and send you my info.
Dave

As with anything in scuba, ask 10 people get 10 different ideas. I dont have a local shop really unless with gas at $4/gallon the shop 80 miles away is considered local. I ordered from leisurepro- best price and they have a fit guarantee so things should work out ok. I will be sure to post my results.

I went with jets over slipstreams just for a little extra weight for use in the dry suit. For traveling and diving wet I think I will pick up slipstreams.

I appreciate all the advise, and even the offer to let me try stuff on but since I rarely leave my little 10 mile area and never drive to the twin cities this is my best option.

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom