Jet Fin fitment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've found a killer deal on some SP Jet Fins and want to make sure I have a good fit before I drive to get them. I wear a size 10 in shoe and bootie that I dive with. The seller says it is a size L. I'm pretty sure I'm good to go, but I don't want any surprises. TIA

I wear a size 10 shoe and my Jet Fins are size XL. The ones with the lightning bolt (I have both) are actually a little tight.

I'm size 11 and wear XL with boots, they're about right.

FYI with the Jet Fins, L is the size of a shot class, XL fits a foot inside, XXL will accommodate a medium sized family car.

I could maybe fit into an L with socks on.

Well this sucks. They are offering the fins for $20 w / o straps. I'll see if I can't try them on this w/e with my booties on.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

I wear size 11 US shoes

I have both L & XL Jets - they both fit me, I just wear different booties: 3mm soft sole booties with the Ls and 5mm rigid sole booties with the XLs

I have a much bigger foot but the better half has a size 9w and wears a large. XL seems to be the norm. You may have to wear socks, but for $20 it's a good pool pair.I don't take my booties in the pool, just wear gym socks and XL jet's, my foot is too wide so I have to wear XXL slipstreams with booties

I guess the only thing to do is try them on.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

I wear size 11 US shoes

I have both L & XL Jets - they both fit me, I just wear different booties: 3mm soft sole booties with the Ls and 5mm rigid sole booties with the XLs

Good point, I wear hard sole boots with my fins. I could probably get away with Large if I was wearing socks or soft sole boots.

I wear size 11 US shoes

I wear 10 1/2 with 7mm hardsole boots and wore the large for years but they were a pain to get off after a dive, no problems during. Switched to XL and solved the removal problem. For $20 its worth it to pick up the large and keep your eyes open for the XL deal later.

Bob
---------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I've found a killer deal on some SP Jet Fins and want to make sure I have a good fit before I drive to get them. I wear a size 10 in shoe and bootie that I dive with. The seller says it is a size L. I'm pretty sure I'm good to go, but I don't want any surprises. TIA

I think they will be too small for you, but like you said, best to try them on with the boot you're gonna use.

I wear a size 6 boot and my JetFins are a size L. My JetFins have the lightning bolts on them.

I wear the fins when I dive dry and when I dive wet. The size L JetFins fit my size 6 wet boots which has a hard sole and they also fit my my drysuit turbo sole boots (kinda looks the old tennis sneaker).

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom