Jersey diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaducer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone! I posted in a couple of threads, figured I ought to write an intro. My name is Drew, I am from NJ, go by the moniker scubadrew in some other places, though this is my preffered screen name when I can use it. It refrences a saltwater fly that caught the first striped bass I landed on a fly rod.

Took my first ow class in 1990, aow since 1998, restarted my education and cold water diving this past year after slacking off for a bit. I am planning on getting at least to DM school this year, and having some fun along the way. In addition to the ussual diving, I also volunteer at the Adventure Aquarium in NJ. It is a pretty cool gig, turtles, sharks, and I get to inspire kids and adults alike about diving and the environment.

I served in the Army for a few years, during which time I spent 6 months at Gitmo, and I am one of the few Americans who can say they dove Cuba, lol Though nice, I have been to better places.

So in a nutshell that is me, looking forward to making a general annoyance of myself. I am a natural butthead, I am good at it and I enjoy my job...:mooner:

Hey there, Drew,
Being a "natural butthead" you've come to the right place. Welcome. You'll notice one thing about ScubaBoard; there is very little controversy. So jump in and have some fun.
Kam, fellow butthead

Thanks for the welcome guys. I don't mind a little civil discourse, especially in the "off season" ( I dive wet so its either vaca or the aquarium this time of year). But mostly I prefer to learn more about diving and the world we do it in.

See you around the board, and maybe on a boat or beach sometime...

Drew

Hi Drew, I just joined scubaboard as well. I haven't dove in New Jersey. Do you do a lot of diving at home or travel for it?

By the end of my life, I would like to say that I have dave in each of the 50 states (even Alaska). -- but there are a lot of different countries I'd like to dive in first. :)

Welcome to Scubaboard Drew
See ya out there

welcome to the board!

Hi Drew, I just joined scubaboard as well. I haven't dove in New Jersey. Do you do a lot of diving at home or travel for it?

By the end of my life, I would like to say that I have dave in each of the 50 states (even Alaska). -- but there are a lot of different countries I'd like to dive in first. :)

I do both. I like the inlets alot, they are really shallow, if you hit 30 feet you better stop digging. But often you get some pretty good viz, I suppose average is 5-10 but I have seen as much as 100 at times. Lots of fish and if you are into fishing there are always rigs, weights and plugs snagged in the rocks. There are some great wrecks off the coast, great for lobstering, checking out sealife, or pulling artifacts if that is your thing. It is often dark and always cold on the bottom, but if you tough it out it is well worth it. There are freshwater lakes and quarries in the area that have some neat attractions to them as well.

Diving all 50 states seems like a good goal. I am too disorganised to realize something like that, but it sure would be fun to try...

:us:Welcome Drew. I'm pretty new to the board also. And new to scuba (7 dives). I'm in south Jersey and looking forward to this summer to rack up a lot more dives. I also put 3 yrs. in the Army('68-'71) but didn't have time to dive the Far far East:). Thanks for serving!

Hope to see you around somewhere.
Steve:us:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom