Jefferson Lake anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My buddy Dan is going to get fitted for a drysuit tomorrow. To celibrate this event, I think a dive at Jefferson lake is in order! :D

Vis is reported to be very good. Unfortunately the water is cold, low 50's is what I've heard this time of year.

So Drysuits are a good idea, but for the Harbor Seal among us, maybe a good 7mm or a SemiDry would work.

I think CharlieO is on board, and he is a diver with training and skills, and bonus, he's done Jefferson. We will not know how quickly Dan's DrySuit can be delivered, but I'm thinking June 10th or 17th?

Let's plan this and make it so. I've been wanting to dive this for a while!

Let's make a day of it! I live in Conifer, so if need be we can hook up at my place, and car pool from there. I have a 10'x10' canopy for shade, and we should bring some food. After all part of diving is the group interaction, so it's a social thing.

Respond if you are interested, and let us know what dates work. I am leaving for FL on June 28th, so I'd like to schedule this before that date.

I am in CA June 10 (June 9th I will be diving Laguana Beach) The 17th is also out. Looks like my first date would be the 24th and clearly I will not have had any lessons by then. Yes CharlieO, I do want to get lessons.

ddavies:
I am in Cal

I am not sure what the system was doing here. I was typing my message and after I submitted I found two versions, this one and the complete one. :huh:

I've never dove Jefferson Lake and would love to go with you guys if I can. Have class on the 10th and 11th, but if it doesn't fill, then I'm free. 17th and 18th, am out of town. 24th, 25th, have class but same situation; may not fill. I'll just have to play it by ear I guess.

Sounds like fun! I've heard the visibility is pretty good at Jeff (relatively speaking, of course).

PF

ddavies:
I am in CA June 10 (June 9th I will be diving Laguana Beach) The 17th is also out. Looks like my first date would be the 24th and clearly I will not have had any lessons by then. Yes CharlieO, I do want to get lessons.

You guys and all your plans! Don't you know the world revolves around ME! :lol:

As for lessons Dan, I did the Drysuit speciality. They are not going to teach you much even if I do recommend the class. I guess I'm just saying recommended, sure, but not required. Having the training will not prevent you from having buoyancy issues. That would be experience.

I can basically teach you what they taught me in class, but experience is the key.

The 24th is a bit close to our departure, and I kinda wanted to dive Jefferson before then, but that date could work. Maybe I'll dive it twice!

Kent, any of these dates work for you?

I would love to dive Jefferson!! The weekend of the 17th or 18th would work for me.

The 17th might work.

We will be in Fort Collins the 11th thru...well for a few days.

The other possibility is to drive on the 10th. Dive and hang out in Conifer, and then go to Fort Collins the night of the 10th.

mmmmm I think we better PM each other and work on this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom