Jean Nelson, aka jeandiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will say that she has been a dear friend of mine for many years.

We met when we were both getting into cavern diving. She went much further down that path then I did, but always was eager to dive the easy ones with me. We shared many memorable moments both wet and dry.

Jean helped me through one of the tougher spots in my life.

She will be missed.

Jeano Beano was a dear friend of the S. Florida dive community. She always showed up at the megadives with brats. Sitting around the campfire she was always smoking those dang cigarettes and drinking Pepsi. I fondly remember her on the galaxy dives gliding through the water like an angel looking over her flock while humming an Elton John tune.
Gonna miss Beano..

It's very sad to hear of the passing of our friend Jean. She was always there with a smile, a great sense of humor, and incredible kindness. The SB Megadives at Ginnie Springs was never complete until Jeano arrived. She helped out with many galaxy dives. If you enjoyed the show, Jean was one of those responsible.

Along with diving, one of Jean's favorite activities was the singing and dancing around the fire, not to mention the initiation of the newbies. I'll can still picture her with the grass skirt, hat, and smile. I'll look for some pictures later today and see what I can find. Here's one of her favorite videos from one of the events.

Megadive 2011[p/center]​

She will be missed R.I.P. Jeano Beano.

I knew when she got sick that this could be bad. I'm gonna miss Jeano-Beano aka @jeandiver. Via con Dios!

When I first started cave diving in 2011, I always saw Jean at Peacock. We had many mutual cave diving friends, and her buddy was always someone I knew. She was very friendly and smiled whenever we ran into each other. I saw Jean less frequently at Peacock starting in 2016. She seemed to enjoy cave diving, and especially diving Peacock. RIP, Jean.

Back
Top Bottom