JBL Lionfish Polespear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ursus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to try this agian through this forum. I sent an email to JBL through the company's website and haven't gotten a response...might I recommend that JBL also list a phone number for customers to contact the company directly.

I am interested in the 2' long polespear that is for Lionfish. The description on the Company's website states that it is a single point tip. For purposes of travel easy and also personal preference for using a paralyzer tip I would like to know if the tip is removeable.

Thanks

Can't tell by the pic and I didn't see replacement tips for sale. It appears to be a plastic/nylon or such type pole not aluminum so suspect the tip is epoxied into the shaft.
Are wanting to save eat the lion fish or just discard? I was thinking of using short bamboo shish kabob skewers in the end of a pole spear. Take the sling section of any pole spear and put an old tip in with a hole drilled to hold it, or make an adapter. Shoot'em leav'em critters eat'em

Back
Top Bottom