Jaws: SCUBA manual from pre-1975

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen A.

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone...I apologize for being a non-SCUBA person, but I'm looking for something SCUBA-related, and my Google search brought me here.

I've attached a still from Jaws, where Hooper is looking at some SCUBA gear (I gather). But what's he reading? Is it a 1970s SCUBA manual of some kind? Has anyone ever seen that book? As crazy as it might sound, I'd love a copy of that manual.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Hopper with SCUBA gear.jpg
    Hopper with SCUBA gear.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 175
Hi! Thanks for the link. (That filmumentary is great, BTW.) However, the book Hooper is reading is a non-shark book and not on this list.

@stephen A

Please recognized that if it can't be goggled it didn't exist -- wrong !

I began teaching diving in 1956 and collecting dive books and manuals the same year. so I have acceptable knowledge of dive instruction and dive history however . I donot immediately recognize the book as being a mainstream book of the era in which Jaws was produced.

I am in the process of creating a :power Point presentation " Dive Instruction Manuals - 1948 to 1980 " to be presented the second week in March 20019 at the SLO UW S&R Divcon. (Yes there was diving and diving manuals prior to PADI)

Should you like to remain in touch via PM & or E mails I will be happy to share my research with you

Cheers from a very warm and sunny CenCal

Sam Miller, 111

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom