January 07 training dates set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The first day, weather permitting, will be PT testing. Then into the classroom for ice training.

Lunch: I don’t think will be the traditional Mexican Food because of the next day activities. :D

Then to the YMCA pool in the Spokane Valley. Lots to cover like basic skills which won’t take long at all. Some blackout search technique, dry suit flooding and maybe some harassment. :D

Day 2: Out to Hauser Lake for ice training. The plan is to get the Patrol Lt. into a Gumby suit and wet. :D

The brass wants a media circus at the training so we plan on giving them one. We have been talking about ice surface rescue but we are planning to throw a wrench in and toss in a rescue dive.

We’ll see how it goes and maybe we can get a reporter a bit damp. :D

If your close your more than welcome to attend. :coffee:

I just got my car repacked from last weeks training, just in time for tonight’s drunk fest. I put new seals on my suit and a couple of others so we are ready to go. Let’s just hope we don’t have to go.

Happy New Year and a dry one everyone.

Gary D.

ugh. We do our requals this month as well. I hope I'm better prepared for it this time, as last time it was hell.

At least the closest ice for us will be in the cooler. :)

We do our PT next month. We are also going from an 8 hour training day once a month to 12 hours. We got reduced back to one a month due to a shortage of deputies on the street. Last summer we scored two a month training days, but that has changed. We have 38+ positions open at our office.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom