Jan+February diving+/-IDC+IE Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shekes

Contributor
Reaction score
I got PADI DM on Koh Tao in October and I am considering to:

1) Do the IDC+IE in January. I am a cheap sunonthebeach but I don't want to go back to Tao, so I thought Phuket.

2) A friend would join me at the beginning of February and do the OWD. So I thought of teaching/certifying her myself. I am not sure if it is possible in this time frame.

3) More than anything we want to snorkel. I usually spend some 5 hours/day in the water. And since my friend never even snorkeled, booking a liveaborad might be too risky (financially).

Not only am I cheap, I am also lazy. I am not planning to work as an instructor anyway. But after what I saw on Tao :shakehead: I'd prefer to teach my nephews, friends and (one day) my children myself.

Any ideas/recommendations how/where to be cheap?

For the CDs who might be interested: I am in good shape and a very fast learner. I am totally ready to do the necessary work/study but being a mature and educated person I kinda got fed up with the wordy brainwash part, hidden costs, and I don't want to be nobody's slave either.

For the righteous: I am aware that cheap is not the best. I am cheap. I chose wrong.

Not only am I cheap, I am also lazy. I am not planning to work as an instructor anyway.
Thank god.

But after what I saw on Tao :shakehead: I'd prefer to teach my nephews, friends and (one day) my children myself.
I doubt you are doing them a favor.

Thank god.

I doubt you are doing them a favor.

:rofl3:

To the OP

Maybe you would just be better buying a fake inst card at Khao San road as you seem to just want the card rather than anything else

Shekes you have a way of presenting yourself. First you're looking for a cheap and easy IDC on another forum and now you just keep it to cheap.

I pity your future CD.

Reactions on both forums are similar, maybe it wasn't Koh Tao but possibly you?

And no, thanks, please don't call again.

It never seizes to amaze me what people allow themselves to do to others online :shakehead:
Some people transform when they start their cars, others when they open the browser. Both because they suddenly feel safe. But they are not!

none of you has the slightest idea of my level of skill or experience as a diver,
none of you has any idea what my experiences on Tao were,
you don't know anything about me,
your intellectual abilities/imagiantion are insufficient to even allow for an alternative interpretation,

yet you harass me and two of you actually cyber-stalked me to this forum!

Well, firstly I politely request to stay the hell out of my threads in the future and
secondly allow me to point out that there are many perfectly legal ways to counter-harass you in the real world! That'll be your only warning.

And if you won't take it easy on these xxx.coms, your elbows will never get better!:mooner:

It never seizes to amaze me what people allow themselves to do to others online :shakehead:
Some people transform when they start their cars, others when they open the browser. Both because they suddenly feel safe. But they are not!

Thats right because you

used to work for corporate intelligence in Internet-related industry. IMHO people should be just as polite and as careful in the cyber-space as they are in the real world.

But at least I do not hide anonymously like a coward and threaten people.

Jeff Grimson

none of you has the slightest idea of my level of skill or experience as a diver,
none of you has any idea what my experiences on Tao were,
you don't know anything about me,
your intellectual abilities/imagiantion are insufficient to even allow for an alternative interpretation,

yet you harass me and two of you actually cyber-stalked me to this forum!

Well, firstly I politely request to stay the hell out of my threads in the future and
secondly allow me to point out that there are many perfectly legal ways to counter-harass you in the real world! That'll be your only warning.

And if you won't take it easy on these xxx.coms, your elbows will never get better!:mooner:

Shekes,

Am not shure who you're adressing your threats to, but here are some facts;

you say that people cyber stalked you to this forum, if you look at the joining dates of all members that participate in this thread, you will see that they all are member for over a year at least. You joined this month. That doesn't sound like a matter of stalking to me.

Related to the thread on another forum, you called me in the middle of the night local Thai time, a time I expect calls to be urgent, not about something trivial like not being able to find prices on a webpage, a page which clearly has prices listed. I asked you to send an email to which I would be more than happy to answer any further questions. I did not receive an email by you. On the webpage with my phone number, it also clearly states that Thai local time is +6 GMT, which you either overlooked or ignored or possibly just don't know what it means.

This morning, despite my request to not call me again, as stetd earlier in this thread, you call me again at 6am local Thai time, not really a 'normal' business time to call somebody on a Saterday morning and after my wife asked if it was urgent, which you confirmed, you ask me why I'm following your threads and to stay out of them?

Although I agree that I know nothing about your experiences on Koh Tao, I never suggested otherwise, it seems that the way you present yourself, is not doing yourself any good.

If calling me at nightly hours is your way of "perfectly legal ways to counter-harass you in the real world!" than yes, you succeeded. I'm not sure who you have it in for as well..........

I wish you good luck in your diving career, you may need it.

Bizarre

My apologies to your wife!

And yes I thought that GMT stood for Good Morning Thailand!

Look Camille, my thread was meant to find an instructor. If you want to teach me, email me yourself! I am sure you'll see that after the recent developments I might have gained the impression that we aren't heading in the same direction. But I hold no grudge against you.

Gentlemen cyber-stalkers,
I am free to present myself in any way I choose. I did not attack or offend anybody. Disagreeing with me on any subject does not justify polluting my threads.
Announcing any legal action does not constitute a threat, but a warning.
I happen to be a nice person. You keep it up, and one day you might get into real trouble.
:trainwreck:

Back
Top Bottom