Jan. 6, 2013 Ten Mile Point (Victoria) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's very nice work! T2i still? Do you have a diffuser on your video light, or is it naturally that even on close ups? Seems the camera hunts for focus on close ups sometimes, even when there's lots of contrast .... must be at the focal limits of the lens?

At about 5:45, are those snail eggs?

Also, Ten Mile is possibly my favourite dive spot, so much variety!

That's very nice work! T2i still? Do you have a diffuser on your video light, or is it naturally that even on close ups? Seems the camera hunts for focus on close ups sometimes, even when there's lots of contrast .... must be at the focal limits of the lens?
The wide-angle stuff is with the T2i. There's a manual-focus lens on it. I set the lens for minimum focus (behind a dome port). It starts to get out of focus when things are closer than about 1.5 feet from the dome. The non-wide angle close-up stuff is with a Canon HFM-40 camcorder. I find that focusing can be a pain with it since the subjects aren't on a flat plane and the camera can't decide which part to focus on. The light doesn't have a diffuser. It's a high-powered LED chip with an even beam of over 100 degrees.

---------- Post added January 9th, 2013 at 06:44 AM ----------

At about 5:45, are those snail eggs?
Yep. -Some kind of snails (tritons?) laying those yellow eggs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom