Jan 1st Dive, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anybody up for a dive on new years day? I think it would be a fun way to spend the first day of the new year. Not to mention the fact that I want to get one or 2 more dives in before the dreaded school starts on the 4th. Icky school.

Though I need to get a tank filled, would the dive shops even be open new years day to do that??? If not, I have one full tank in my trunk so I am still up for one dive, at any rate. :D

No preference of where I'd like to go. All the sites in the area are ridiculously easy for me to get to, so as long as you are familiar with the site (as I am still new and not really familiar with any of the sites yet), then i am good to go.

Anyway, shoot me a PM or reply if you are interested.

Happy new year everybody!

shops are open for a limited time today and again on monday Jan 3rd. would you care to join us on monday if Bjorn doesn't go skiing(traitor)lol. not sure where yet. I might be able to go tomorrow but haveta see what family stuff is happening. do you have advanced open water cert? keep postin' or pm.
cheers
Les

I just have OW, no advanced yet. :) Still new and still needing practice before I do that. :D

I might be able to go for a dive on monday, but I might have to work. I'm not sure yet. I'll probably know by tomorrow afternoon.

I wont be able to get to a shop today to get a tank filled as I have to work, so if we dive tomorrow it would have to be 1 dive only. If I do not end up working on monday I can get the tank filled and we can do 2 dives if that is what we want to do.

I can go for sure if anyone is interested. Does anyone know if the local shops are running normal hours tomorrow?

to bad your not on vancouver Island I am taking my boat in saanich inlet tomorow,and i still have spot avalaible.

TinoD'Voe:
I can go for sure if anyone is interested. Does anyone know if the local shops are running normal hours tomorrow?

Tino: With this wind, I may not be going to Whistler tomorrow. Though I'm not sure that I want to swim all the way to the Nakaya either :D

Les: Are you still in for Monday?

Cow: What time will you know if you need to work?

jeckyll:
Tino: With this wind, I may not be going to Whistler tomorrow. Though I'm not sure that I want to swim all the way to the Nakaya either :D

The nakaya swim is definately not the fun part, but it's a very cool dive if you ever want to check it out. I'm up for anything though, so anywhere will be good for me.

Whistler is going to be poor tomorrow AM with wind, so I think I am going to pass as well. If you guys decide to go post here, I will see if I can make it out. (My ears are a bit iffy so will only know tomorrow AM)

Darnold: Yeah I'm still goig back and forth on the Whistler issue. Got some friends that are going.

Still deciding on the diving in this weather ... this wind isn't going to make swimming out anywhere much fun :)

Back
Top Bottom