Jamica/ Bahamas/St Lucia which one??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbcayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
If you had to dive just one out of Jamica/ Bahamas/St Lucia which one of these places would it be and why?

Havin dived all three I would say St. Lucia if I was going with my wife, the Bahamas if I was going with my wife and kids, and Jamaica if I still smoked. Of the three, diving being the only consideration, I would say that St. Lucia was the best diving by a little bit over the Bahamas and by a long shot over Jamaica.

Of the 3 places you listed, St. Lucia would be my choice. Beautiful topside and underwater. I wrote a trip report from our trip to St. Lucia a couple years back if you're interested, it includes a few underwater shots. St. Lucia Trip Report

Scubagirl, that report was very inspiring. St. Lucia sounds like the place I am looking for, beautiful topside and pretty good diving. Thanks

robbcayman:
Scubagirl, that report was very inspiring. St. Lucia sounds like the place I am looking for, beautiful topside and pretty good diving. Thanks

My pleasure! St. Lucia is one place I definitely want to return to. So many dive destinations, so little time...

I would also have to pick St. Lucia, I haven't dived Jamica, but between St. Lucia and Bahamas Lucia wins. The Marine Park in in really good shape. We stayed at a 2 bedroom villa at Windjammer landing and dove with Dive Fair Helen and recommend them both. If you want more on St. Lucia look at my old posts.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=61529&s=

rje634, I read your report and you gave some good info. You mentioned don't go during rain season, when is that? My Honeymoon will be Mid May of 06. Thanks

Rje634, or anyone else been to Bora Bora or Moorea they are also in the mix. I have ruled out Jamaica, Antigua & the Bahamas. It's pretty much between Bora Bora, Moorea & St. Lucia.

You can't go wrong with any of those three. If you go to French Polynesia, I'd recommend splitting your time between Bora Bora and Moorea - fairly easy to do, and each island is so different and beautiful. St. Lucia is much easier to get to, but there's a special romance of FP which is tough to match.

robbcayman:
rje634, I read your report and you gave some good info. You mentioned don't go during rain season, when is that? My Honeymoon will be Mid May of 06. Thanks
The rainy season runs from May to August, we went in June and it rained heavy two nights but on the whole the week was beautiful. The problem is not that it rains a lot it's that it rains hard and the run off affects viz when your diving.
I haven't been to Moorea or Bora Bora so I can't help you there (but it's a trip that is definitely in our future).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom