Jamaica (Ocho Rios) Information Request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go Go Gadget

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm a recently certified diver (my C card just arrived yesterday) and I'm going on a cruise next week. I have a dive scheduled for Grand Cayman and I feel good about it. I will be diving at the West Wall site with Don Foster's Dive Shop. I have spoken with them and I feel confident I will be able to stay within my limits at that site.

I am also going to Ocho Rios on this cruise and would like to dive there. From everything I have read, the dive experience in Ocho Rios may not be as spectacular as some other places and I'm OK with that. However, I am uncomfortable with the dive shop the cruise line has set me up with. They apparently do not have a web site and I have not been able to contact them. The name of the company is Watersports Enterprises. I have been able to find references to them but nothing directly about their scuba operation. I have also found a company whose web site is www.scuba-jamaica.com . If anyone has advice or could post a reference for either of these dive shops, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks.

I worked for Watersports Enterprises in Ocho Rios many years ago. I try to get to Jamaica regularly and still keep in touch with the owner. They are part of a larger watersports company with offices on a number of islands. Watersports Enterprises was one of the first companies to bring a new name brand dive boat into Ocho Rios.

The www.Scuba-Jamaica.com guys have a good reputation in Jamaica and work through a number of the major resorts.

Scuba One Travel - Runaway Bay Jamaica Underwater Photos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom