Jakarta course / excursions, any suggestions ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBart

Reaction score
I know, Jakarta is not quite the place to be, but i have some friends there and by coincidence i will be hanging out there for 10 days in March.

I want to get my Open Water certificate and do some diving trip not too far and expensive from there.

Any suggestions ?

I have snorkelled on pulau seribu (Kotok) back in the early 90's and it was beautifill back then, but i assume it will be less interesting now.

Any suggestion is welcome, anyone in Jakarta reading this ?

Bart Adriaanse
The Netherlands

Following up on this,

I managed to find a local PADI centre which will be giving me a open water referral training the upcoming three sundays. (that was quick) Then, a few days later, i take off....

This will get me through the theory and pool excercise stuff right here in my hometown and do the open water training in Indonesia, nice arrangment PADI !

Still tips on diving locations are very very welcome, has anybody been to Pulau Seribu, Karimun or Krakatau lately ? I think i'll finish the certificate near Jakarta and then end up going to Bali anyway ;-)

Maybe next time, Manado.....?

Bart

The dive center below offers PADI course (I thing PADI dive Center) : Kristal Klear Dive, Bubbles Divers and Aquapro.
I recomended this dive center, cause I know of some of the instructor of this dive center. Just that!

For more information about the dive center, you can searh them on internet. Sorry. no advertesing here.

If you will come to Bali, Just contact me for your arrangement

8er diver

Thanks 8er diver,

Just heard from Clive of Kristal Klear that he can take me to pulau seribu the day after i arrave in Jakart to complete the course there, very convenient.

I suppose i may come to bali for a week after that, Bali of course is swamped with diving clubs....

Cheers, Bart

I somehow managed to mix up the dates in my communication with the arrangment i mentioned in my previous post.

So, i am still looking around for opportunities near 5th of March, pulau seribu open water dives...

And 8er diver, yes, ill be coming to Bali one way or the other, i'll finish the PADI certification in either place and end up looking for diving buddies on Bali, i just love the place....

Bart

I give up,

I hear that on the thousands islands conditions are not good due to the weather/season, maybe some other time while i am in Jakarta for business.

I'll maximize my stay on Bali for this trip and complete the OW dives there, just completed my openwater referral in Holland. Visibility was excellent and no currents, the pool was a bit shallow though ;-)

Bart

I was out at Palau Seribu two weekends ago and it was fine!!! Suharto Reef and Papa Theo Wreck were the highlights...and if you are just doing your open water dives then Palau Seribu would fit the bill nicely!!!

IMHO, you can't go wrong with Kristal Klear for training and dive trips.

Thanks for the info wwdiver,

I will probably go there later this year while i am in Jakarta for business. Maybe the weather has gotten worse the pas two weeks, to qoute the people from aquapro who offered to take me out there mid-week:

But due to the Monsoon seasons hasn't over yet, I think the visibility must be around 05 - 07 mtr, and there is calm to moderate swells along with the strong winds. But some dive sites are still okay, because it's protected by the near islands.
My guess is conditions on Bali will be better and with this trip being a holliday i decided to spend as little time as possible in Jakarta. I allready made all the arrangements so i cannot change my mind again now...

Thanxs for your feedback,

Bart

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom