Jacques Cousteau - 20 hrs TCM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacques looked like an Old Banjo Picker I used to hang out with.
He never would tell me his name.......Probably wasn't Jacques.... :D

DVR set! This will bring back some memories!

Today there are very few times I wish I had TV... but that day would be one of them! Sorry to see the episode I worked on ("California's Channel Islands: At The Edge of a Human Tide") is not among the ones to be televised.

Hey Dr. Bill -- I see that episode and another on the subject of the Channel Islands appear to be part of Cousteau's first "Rediscovery of the World" series. Not sure where we might find that. But I'd love to see those as I'm planning a first trip to the Channel islands a the end of August.

Would also love to see Cousteau's first Academy award winning documentary features "The Silent World" (1956) and "World Without Sun" (1964), but sadly neither are available on Netflix.

One episode I have seen recently that TCM will air is the one on the Brittanic. Its incredible!

While watching the Britannic documentary, I noticed that most of the divers who dove on the Britannic had what appeared to be balloons attached to their triple tank configurations.
What was the purpose of the balloons?

Thanks for your help.

Hey Doc, buying a TV is like buying a new wet suit. :D

Hey, Ron! You might be shocked to learn I'm diving a brand new 7mm wetsuit and that my eight year old 3/2mm looks like new. No more "holy wetsuits" for me... at least for another year or so.

I do have a TV (in fact I have five of them). I just lack the desire to reinstall the mast-mounted antenna that blew off the HOA roof last winter. I haven't missed much... until now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom