Jacksonville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to correct you on two things. The northside isn't bad, east of I-95. And as for the westside I wouldn't live there, if you paid me to live there. Just my 2 cents.

I guess it is all just a matter of opinion then. From what you're saying, I take you've never lived on the westside and you probably live on the northside, or work there. I rarely go to the northside because I am uncomfortable there. I have lived on the westside my whole life and I love it. Sure it is no Mandarin or Jacksonville Beach but I'm not scared for my life every time I walk outdoors. Honestly, all places have their problems, it's just a matter of finding a place that you like and feel comfortable in. If the area you are looking to live in looks run down and drug infested, it probably is, but don't assume because you live in a pristine neighborhood that there are no drug dealers near you. I have been lucky enough to have the same neighbors my whole life and we have "block" parties a few times every year.

Ive lived in Jax area all my life. The Northside is a dump. Downtown too. Mandarin is too conjested. Beaches are too pricey. Middleburg rules IMO.

Also born, raised & educated in Jax. My public school experience at Stanton College Prep & University of North FL was good, though 2 decades ago. And I have to speak up for Riverside & Avondale, nice neighborhoods that happen to be on the westside of the river.

My only complaint about Jax is its lack of shallow reef diving... my dive buddy's not Adv Open Water yet, and deep, dark wrecks aren't our thing. Wishing we had some reefs & reef creatures in bright, warm 30' depths. Oh well... At least South FL is only a 5-hr drive.

Hey, Ed L..- how'd your October interview go?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom