Jackson Blue 12-2-10 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
GeorgiaDoc got ahold of me earlier in the week to see if I could make a weeknight dive and Thursday worked out for both of us. I headed out from work, an hour later than I thought I'd be and made my way to Edds to grab some fills before hitting the park. It was already getting cold and we geared up with the last bit of sunlight spilling over the horizon well after the sun had already set. The water was calm and the steam started to rise.

With the park to ourselves with dropped under to enjoy a Jackson Blue with less flow than could be found in quite some time. It made for an easy swim upstream, which is great, since we'd be doing alot of swimming. It had actually been a little while since doing a full cave dive in Jackson Blue, so it was fun getting back beyond the first couple of T's again. We made slow progress the entire time, taking a left at the first T, a left at the second T, a right at the third T and a right at the forth T to create a small circuit on the way back. I don't see too many crawfish in JB, but saw several on this dive, including lots of small juvenilles. I also noted a concentration of the red chubs just after the 3rd T, which I thought was odd. I see them here and there, normally, but never in concentrated schools. There were lots of fish about though, the cavern was filled with bream and bass. There were even a few stray bream further into the cave, in various stages of death - LOL. It was a great dive though, had a max depth of 97' for a dive lasting 77 minutes, deco was a short 7 minutes on 100%.

Getting out of the water sucked, I think it was in the upper thirties by that time. I froze my butt off, but thawed quickly in dry clothes. We hit up Dino's afterwards for some cheesebread and an alfredo pizza. It was awesome. Had a fun dive, excellent way to top off a Thursday :)

So, do you still have your left nut??? :wink:

We tried to go to Dino's yesterday since you told me it has new owners, but they're closed Sundays and Mondays. So we went to Boone Dog's Deli next door. We had their pizza and Lynne ordered soup with Peter ordering a sandwich. Really good food! Unfortunately, their hours are 6a-6p, so no late meals there.

I saw that place on Thursday, but it was closed. I'll have to give them a try.

I think all the little shops in Marianna have weird hours, unless its a chain :(

I still cant believe you got Mark to swim that far :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom