J Valves Good or Bad

J- Valves Good or Bad

• Do we need J- Valves?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Does the average OW diver know what it is or how to use it?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Do we try to eliminate them or Keep the J- Valve?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gopher Scuba

Reaction score
Do we as a industry frown on the use of J - Valves or do they have a need? Where can we get documetation on either?

:confused: I think it's pretty obvious that J-valves are outdated but I don't really understand this poll I guess. You asked a question but then the three choices to vote on are new questions. Help me out here.

have at it.

personally I prefer to know the starting psi in my tank(s),
keep track of my time, and ocassionally check the SPG.

Obsolete and antiquated. Paperweights at best.

J-valves were design because there were no SPGs. Now that there are, we don't need them.

Tom

Not sure I understand the question either. I see no need to buy one new (if you even can) but on the other hand I see no need to trash a working one either. I have one and dive it, although I don't use it as intended, I just dive it in the reserve mode all the time.....unless I am messing with a new buddy. You do have to watch inexperienced tank fillers though, they will give you a short fill if they are not familiar with them.

Back
Top Bottom