Ixtapa, Aqua Paradise dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bilznut

Reaction score
Returned from 3 days of two tank diving with Aqua Paradise. Their were 6 of us, my wife, three sons and one girlfriend who was brand new to SCUBA.
I had set the trip up via the internet. We received very prompt replies from Karlina at the shop. Her quick and gracious responses were the main reason I chose their operation. After all, I had never dove the area before, was writing everyone and not receiving to much information back. We agreed on a price and it was that price that we paid upon arrival to Ixtapa. I am so used to people quoting me one price and having to produce my e-mail agreements to prove we had agreed on that price later on down the line...anyway, that was not the case w/Aqua Paradise. They were 100% true to their word.
Their shop is located inside the Barcelo Hotel, which is in Ixtapa. Their boat is located about a 15 minute drive away at the Zihuatanejo Marina. The cab fare was included in our price, back and forth. Each morning we met on the steps of the Barcelo, the AquaParadise staff would show up, call for our cabs, and away we went!
The boat was a panga with a canopy and a 75 horse outboard merc. We had two DM's Paco and Royal, as well as a third guy driving the panga and helping shlep gear. Both DM's went in with us on every dive. They were absolutely wonderful. They showed us more stuff than I think I have ever seen before! We saw octopus on every dive...usually 3-4. We saw multiple seahorses on every dive. Puffer population is healthy.
The best thing about this operation is that we did nothing but back roll into the water for our dives. This crew took care of every detail during and after the dive. I left my camera and strobe in a rinse tank the first day diving and was met at the dock in the morning with it not only returned, but cleaned and ready for the next dive.
The diving in Ixtapa was wonderfull, but the operation (Aqua Paradise) makes it an absolutely must do while visiting the area.

I was in Ixtapa many years ago. Was your drive to Zihuatanejo over the hill and then down into the town. I remember the area so well. Zihuatanejo was a quiet little fishing town, while Ixtapa was beginning to feel the growth of development, ie. the growth of the resorts. We would take an evening trip from Ixtapa to Zihuatanejo to watch the birds come in to roost. Just some meandering thoughts.

Skip C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom