I've Been Hacked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pir8

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just to let everyone know. My Juno account Address Book hS been hacked and stolen, as in its no longer there. Consequently yesterday someome pretending to be me has been swnding out emails asking for a loan in my name using a veey similar email address. I would never ask for a loan using email, even if I really needed one. Thanks for eveyones understanding.
pir8

Oh yeah, it looks like they know a lot of personal info about me, probably from reading my facebook account.

Sorry to hear that has happened again. :depressed:

My Facebook account was hacked a few months ago.
I didn't have anything in the account that could have helped them in anyway.
We all have to assume "any" account could be hacked and limit what we place out there.

A few weeks ago I got an email from a friend, saying he had been mugged in London... lost everything, including passport and cell phone. In the past he would run off at a moment’s notice, so it could have been true. I called his cell anyway, talked to him. I was the first one to alert him that his Comcast account was hacked.

A friend asked some questions of them and the even knew my address and wifes maiden name. Scarey just how much is out there. Fortunately he had already messaged me and knew it was bad.

There are a few stories like this, that don't end well.

There are a few different ways to search for yourself on the web.

It's always interesting to see what pop's up when you search for yourself.

Subpoena's and warrants mostly :D

I love to see who THEY think is living with me.

Just to let everyone know. My Juno account Address Book hS been hacked and stolen, as in its no longer there. Consequently yesterday someome pretending to be me has been swnding out emails asking for a loan in my name using a veey similar email address. I would never ask for a loan using email, even if I really needed one. Thanks for eveyones understanding.
pir8

Oh yeah, it looks like they know a lot of personal info about me, probably from reading my facebook account.

A friend asked some questions of them and the even knew my address and wifes maiden name. Scarey just how much is out there. Fortunately he had already messaged me and knew it was bad.

FIRST, you had best have a fraud alert filed!

https://www.experian.com/fraud/center.html

When you file with one credit reporting company, [-]it[/-] the report is shared with the other credit reporting companies. If [-]they[/-] the hackers have sufficient information, you may have loads of false credit issued in your name.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Everyone really should know how to trace emails to probable origins. I compare results at two sites...
Email Trace - Trace Email and find out who is the email owner. Email address header trace.
ipTRACKERonline : Complete email header analysis. Analyse email headers here

There are a few stories like this, that don't end well.

There are a few different ways to search for yourself on the web.

It's also interesting to search the net for your own pics. Google Image Search is great but I also use Tineye.com - mostly in busting scammers.

Back
Top Bottom