It’s time to buy a drysuit and go diving locally!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drk5036

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I know people are currently lamenting their lost diving plans, and not knowing what to do about cancelled travel. How about dive locally? “But it’s too cold here!” Ah, not if you have a drysuit! And there’s maybe never been a better time to buy one!

The British pound is SO weak now, meaning it’s a great time to buy things from the UK. As you’re probably aware, generally considered the most affordable drysuit comes is made by Seaskin, out of the UK. I just placed an order recently for my first seaskin ultra neoprene drysuit...from order to delivery was estimated to be 6 weeks. Total cost? 470 GBP. As of this moment, that’s 565 dollars. Cheaper than a lot of semidry!

Anyway, I can’t vouch for mine yet, but I figured I’d post this as a PSA, and to try to get everyone’s mind off the coronavirus. How about we learn to dive locally!? We can support the local economy, stay safe, and minimize our carbon footprint.

Happy diving!

Just received my new drysuit a few weeks ago. Been out in the cold salt water twice. Lookin forward to supporting the LDS if I can and spending the summer near home.

Congrats on the drysuit. I prefer to dive dry even during "wetsuit" season here.
up to what temperature about do you dive your drysuit to? I was thinking the same thing.

up to what temperature about do you dive your drysuit to? I was thinking the same thing.

I use my drysuit year round. Water surface temps into the 80's. I adjust undergarments to suit temp/depth.

DW

Surface temp in the low 60 range. That's about what we see here.

Any advice on selling them if/when they don't fit? Or are any of you in the market for a gently used women's trilam? Life would be so much easier if my hips were smaller...

Any advice on selling them if/when they don't fit? Or are any of you in the market for a gently used women's trilam? Life would be so much easier if my hips were smaller...

If new and doesn't fit can.you exchange it? If used you can post it up in the classifieds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom