It's supposed to leak?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sterlingMarineService

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I while back I bought a hp hose with brass QD from dive commercial international. It's supposed to be a bail out whip.

I ended up bringing it back becasue it leaked air when not connected. We ended up testing 15 hoses and all of them leaked until finally, one didn't leak.

A few weeks later it starts leaking when the QD is connected to the other end so I take it back and the owner tells me since it's a bail out whip it's "supposed to leak". I think this is bs!

I ended buying very expensive hydraulic fittings. When I bought them the lady behind the desk told me that these weren't garunteed to not leak which is 100% bs because they are hydraulic fittings. If there was hydraulic fluid in there it would leak all over!

On top of that they won't take back the brass fittings even though they leak and suck overall!

"It's supposed to leak" lol. I guess he had to make a sale or he got fired? Hydraulic fittings not guaranteed to not leak? I'll buy it, I want hydraulic fluid everywhere.

But yeah, they're a bunch of idiots apparently.

Those boys sound like they may work for the Harley Dealership. If it leaks it still has oil, if it don't it needs some.

BS no question. Change your supplier, your current supplier is not to be trusted. I use divers supply in Gretna LA, excellent service and reliable quality.

Why are they using hydraulic fittings for a pnumatic application?

They make high pressure pnumatic fittings, which are designed for pnumatic operation and sealing.

Also, there are different types and designs of QDs. Some are ment to seal only as a precaution measure to prevent a release of fluid. If it leaks a few drops, no worries. And in the hydraulic world a few drops is not a leak. Open up any airplane panel and everything is coated in oil.

Also becarful of the fitting design, some QDs will on connect when under full pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom