It's officially "Christmas season" in our house...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Once again, my father's 1939 Lionel 384E "Standard Gauge" train is traveling its appointed route under our family’s Christmas tree. The first trip around the loop has come to signify the "official" start of the Christmas season for our kids...

Lionel1.jpg

From what I understand, this particular set was only available in 1939... which was also the last year that Lionel made locomotives from cast iron. The locomotive is 5.5" high, 12" long, and weighs about 10lbs.

Sat in the box in my grandma’s basement for many years, then my parent’s basement for many more. I cleaned it up and got it running for my daughter's first Christmas in 1998. The thing still runs like new 76 years after leaving the factory!

Fantastic! I decorated the house today as well. No train, as I destroyed my dad's when I was a kid :(. I sure wish I hadn't.

Reactions: RJP
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom