Its all downhill after this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
So a couple of my photos made it to the National Geographic site, sort of:dork2: Volunteer at the local aquarium and Brady Barr of Dangerous Encounters came to shoot a segment on the Giant Pacific Octopus. They wanted to have some stills documenting the shooting and I weaseled my way in. It was fun but challenging as I could not use my strobes because it would show up in the video, we had 10ft of viz, and much of this took place under a dock so no sunlight, lol. IMHO had many better shots so interested to see if any make the show itself.

So that is it might as well quite the hobby, no where to go but down…

Dangerous Encounters | Cannibal Squid | National Geographic Channel

Sounds like a cool experience - keep us posted on whether the photos make it in...

Thanks, the show airs July 30th, so we will see. It was fun to see how things work, how things are story boarded, what shots they try to get. Even funnier then to see the end product and how it is edited together. Pieces shot on different days at different sites cobbled together into one scene, lol.

One part that I am really interested to see is they attached a critter cam to one of the Humbodlt squids and got some amazing shots of them interacting down deep, the first recording of this kind.

Very cool. The video lights did a nice job of highlighting the subjects. Have to check out the show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom