"It's All About Adapting"...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHeart

DiveHeart Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ashes to Ashes...Dust to Dust... Ana Calvo was born with no arms or legs. She once called me a Tabi! I said, what's a Tabi? She said "Temporarily Bodied Individual" ...I said OMG, that's all of us who think we're without a disability...Yet! The terrible fire at Notre Dame reminded me today that man made symbols...structors and objects that represent things to us as humans may also have a lifespan before they change. That is why at Diveheart one of our cultural pillars and mantras is that "It's All About Adapting". That is why we call our divers with disabilities...."Adaptive Divers" not "Handicapped" or "Disabled".... Traumatic events like the one at Notre Dame remind us that "change is the only constant" in our lives and that if we're to survive these events... We must learn to Adapt. Jim Elliott: Diveheart Founder & President. #notredame #disabilities#traumaicevents #adapting #rehabilitation #change #scubatherapy

57467979_10157047948326280_6825287702947037184_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom