It's a Small Diving World...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had one of those once in a diving lifetime experiences that is perfect for the log book.

Last weekend while Diving at the Clear Springs Scuba Park outside of Terrell, TX with Tom Vyles and Corsair, I found a very nice Ocean Master Mask (with the new Q-strap device) lying on the bottom about 20 yards from the area we're calling the Boulder Garden (lots of very large rocks tumbled about at 35 feet, in what divers are calling the "Deep End" of the park). Was fun to find some "treasure" especially a quality mask like this.

Then that night, I discovered the website for Clear Springs, including their message board. There a diver posted a message, "Plese help, Daughter lost mask in deep area of the Park. Mask has unique strap system".

So I e-mailed him and after a bit, we determine that the mask I had found was the one his daughter lost.

So I asked him how we can hook up to return the mask. The reply I get is that it would have to wait until he returns from a trip to North Carolina diving on the U-boats out there. Turns out, he's on the same wreck diving trip I am going on!!! Now how cool is that!?!?!?

So now because I found a lost mask, I have new dive buddy for the NC trip as well as at Clear Springs!

The moral of this story is to always keep your eyes peeled for lost equipment. You'll make some greatful friends when you find the owners. Or at worst, you can add the stuff to your gear bag.

Anyone else have a similar story to share?

What a cool story! I have one in reverse. I met a guy on our dive boat in Coz who was from the "Houston area". He not only knew where our little town is...he lives in the neighborhood across the street from us!

Cool.

Now, if you are ever in the quarry at Cerlulean, Ky and you find a Freestyle FS600 with a velcro strap, we'll be bestbuddies!

Or should you happen to be diving in Clear Springs in Terrell Texas and happen to find a working dive computer. I forget what brand and model I lost, but I am sure you can fill me in on the details when you find it.

Thanks in Advance.

P.S. I would prefer you find an air integrated computer.

Or did you forget about running into the guys at Travis that were also supposed to be on our Rig Dive trip? I think it's just the way your life works, Mike.

Seawolf

Back
Top Bottom